February 14, 2012

Top Ten Books that Broke Your Heart a Little (or A LOT!!)

This weeks Top Ten, hosted by The Broke and Bookish, are books that broke your heart a little.  I went with total instinct on this one and listed the first books I thought of.  I think a book that breaks your heart also leaves a lasting impression. I don't think there is much I need to say about these books.  If you read them then you know why they broke my heart. If you haven't read them then I don't want to spoil anything for you :)  Happy Valentines everyone!!
  1. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  2. Night by Elie Weisel
  3. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
  4. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  5. Sophie’s Choice – William Styron
  6. Atonement – Ian McEwan
  7. The Bluest Eye – Toni Morrison
  8. Water for Elephants – Sara Gruen
  9. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
  10. Still Alice by Lisa Genova

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see someone else who chose Still Alice. That was definitely a book that stayed with me long after I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the movie Sophie’s Choice and it was so so heartbreaking. I guess the book is even more sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I also had The Road on my list. When I was making my mental list, The Bluest Eye came to mind, but when I finished up the list on my lunch break I totally forgot to include it. Oh, well! Love your blog's title.

      *new follower*

      Delete