The Perpetual Page Turner is hosting an end of year survey about books you read during 2011 and I just couldn't resist!
1. Best Book You Read In 2011
It impossible to pick just one book, but I can narrow it down to three! The Help, A Game of Thrones and Gone With the Wind.
2. Most Disappointing Book You Read In 2011
In the Woods by Tana French - I actually loved the book right up to the point where it ended without answering all the questions I wanted answered. Eat, Pray, Love and Never Let Me Go are close runner ups.
3. Most Surprising Book You Read In 2011 (In a Good Way!)
Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter - It was my book club's selection and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was fun without being cheesy and over the top ...well as not over the top as one get in this case :)
4. Book You Recommended the Most In 2011
The Help and The Hunger Games to anyone who was willing to listen.
5. Best Series You Discovered in 2011
A Song of Fire and Ice - I have only read A Game of Thrones but that is because I am pacing myself. Knowing there are two more books yet to come means I need to do what I can to reduce my wait time. I also started reading the Sookie Stackhouse series. They make for a quick fun read, but it simply doesn't compare ....
6. Favorite New Author You Discovered in 2011
Jeffrey Eugenides - I read Middlesex this year and can't wait to read The Marriage Plot and The Virgin Suicides.
7. Best Book Out of Your Comfort Zone You Read in 2011
Hands down Jane Eyre!
8. Most Thrilling Unputdownable Book You Read in 2011
A Game of Thrones and when a book is a 1000 plus pages that is saying a lot.
9. Book You Most Anticipated in 2011
11/22/63 - I haven't read it yet, but I just know Santa will be providing my first read of 2012.
10. Favorite Book Cover
How fun is the front and back of this book!!
11. Most Memorable Character
Scarlett O'Hara - I have seen the movie many times, but the book added so much more depth to Scarlett. Don't even get me started on Lisbeth Salander ....I finished the series this year and just love, love. love her! I am super excited to see the movie when it comes out next week.
12. Most Beautifully Written Book You Read in 2011
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I read through it quite quickly and can't wait to reread it.
13. Book Read that Had the Greatest Impact on You
Still Alice - All I could think ....what if that was me ...
14. Book You Can't Believe You Waited Until 2011 to Read
Gone With the Wind
15. Favorite Passage or Quote
"When I first met you, I thought: There is a girl in a million. She isn't like these other silly little fools who believe in everything their mammas tell them and act on it, no matter how they fee. And conceal all their feelings and desires and little heartbreaks behind a lot of sweet words. I thought: Miss O'Hara is a girl of rare spirit. She knows what she wants and she doesn't mind speaking her mind--or throwing vases." - Rhett Butler
16. Book Read in 2011 that You Would Reread in 2012
The Hunger Games trilogy
17. Book That Had a Scene that had You Reeling and Dying to Talk to Someone about it (A WTF moment, epic revelation...) Be careful of spoilers!
The Kite Runner - The only book I read this year that I wanted to hurl at the wall while screaming WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!