January 1, 2012

December Bookworm Bite


December was a slow reading month for me.  I baked, I shopped, I decorated, I wrapped presents resulting in very little reading.  I read a total of six books and they were all what I classify as "easy" reads. Easy because I can read them quickly. 

My favorite read of December is the The Book of Joe by Jonathan Tropper.  I just love his style of writing and the humor he incorporates into his novels.  I love a book that can make me laugh.  That would be the reason why I selected Holidays On Ice by David Sedaris for the holiday read for my book club.  I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Me Talk Pretty One Day, but there wasn't a story in our holiday read that didn't touch on some ironic truth of the season. I enjoyed Son of A Witch, but it reached a point where certain elements of the story just didn't seem to fit with the story.  My other reads Friday Night Knitting Club, Dead to the World and Long Lost were books I picked up that I knew would fit into that busy holiday schedule.  I am enjoying the Sookie Stackhouse novels and this book has been my favorite thus far.  What can I say I am an Eric fan!

Looking ahead into 2012.  I have my 2012 Reading Challenges to look forward to and I have set a goal of reading 100 books total for 2012.  I also plan to incorporate the "Baking" part of my blog title into my blog and I want to start writing individual book reviews.  I think that is some pretty good goals for 2012!!!  Maybe I will also try to cut back on my Diet Coke intake ....hmmmm ...nah ....the world ends in 2012 anyway :p

No comments:

Post a Comment