November 18, 2011

Mount TBR Reading Challenge

So, let's get this blog going with a post about the reading challenge that prompted me to get a move on and start this blog!  It is being hosted by My Reader's Block and I hope it is going to help me clean off my ever growing TBR shelf.  The levels are below and you can click on over to My Reader's Block for more information and to sign up. 

Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 25 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 40 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 50 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100+ books from your TBR pile/s


I have selected Mt. Vancouver. I could set my goals a little higher, but I am participating in two other challenges. I know I can use books for more then one challenge, but well, that just doesn't help clearing off that shelf. You don't have to select your books ahead of time, but I know myself.  That being said, here is the list of books from my TBR pile that I will be tackling in 2012.

Bloodroot - Amy Greene
Prodigal Summer - Barbara Kingsolver
The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
Amsterdam - Ian McEwan
The Reader - Bernhard Schlink
The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky
Blonde - Joyce Carol Oates
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
Franny and Zooey - J.D Salinger
The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Falling Man - Don DeLillo
The Shipping News - E. Annie Proulx
The Enchantress of Florence - Salman Rushdie
Rabbit, Run - John Updike
The March - E.L. Doctrow
Run - Ann Patchett
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
Disgrace - J.M. Coetzee
Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers
The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Houskeeping - Marilynne Robinson
Revolutionary Road - Richard Yates

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! So glad you'll be joining us on the mountain-climbing expedition!

    ReplyDelete